7 reasons to add kidney beans in your diet
Key points :-
- Health benefits of kidney beans
- Seven reasons to add kidney beans in your diet
- Healthy ingredients present in kidney beans
- harmful effects of kidney beans
- Precautions to be taken to eat kidney beans
Kidney bean is being used as food in India and in other countries in the world because of its taste and health benefits. Kidney beans are loaded with lots of antioxidants, fiber, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and other food nutrients.
100 grams of this kidney beans exist 127 calories, 67% water, 8.7 gram protein, 22.8 gram carbohydrates, 0.3 gram sugar, 6.4 gram fiber and 0.5 gram fats.
There are a lot minerals like molybdenum, iron, copper, manganese and potassium present in this kidney beans. Folic acid otherwise called vitamin B 9 , vitamin K, vitamin E are present in kidney beans. The antioxidants present in kidney beans are isoflavones and anthocyanins. Moreover there are three harmful plant bioactive compound like phytohemagglutinin, phytic acid and starch blocker ; harmful effects of these chemicals decrease after boiling kidney beans. That is why kidney beans should never be taken raw.
The health benefits of kidney beans are :-
1. Good for weight losing. Health specialist say kidney beans to be a good alternative for body weight losing. kidney beans are high protein and high fiber diet because of this fact digestion, metabolism and absorption of carbohydrates delay as a result people feel hunger later. Research support that carbohydrates and kidney beans eaten together transform to a good source of protein . This is the reason why kidney beans are good alternative for weight losing.
2. Enhance body immunity. Kidney beans contains antioxidants and anti inflammatory substance which in turn boost the body immune power. Kidney beans are helpful to prevent cancer.
3. Good alternative of protein for the vegetarians. Because of high protein content vegetarians fulfill the requirements of protein by adding kidney beans in their diet.
4. Good food for brain and nerve. Vitamin K , vitamin E, vitamin B 9 are loaded in kidney beans which are very important factor for brain, spinal cord and nervous system.
5 Good food for diabetics. Protein and fiber present in kidney beans control sugar levels. If a diabetic person takes kidney beans regularly his blood sugar level never shoot up faster.
6. Control blood cholesterol level. Fibers present in kidney beans can control blood cholesterol . It helps in building up unsaturated cholesterol so called good fats in blood vessels there by preventing heart diseases.
7. Prevent colon cancer. Starch blocker, alpha galactocide present in kidney beans passes to colon in undigested form that turn into a substance called butyrate with the help of bacteria in colon and that can prevent colon cancer.
Precautions to be taken to eat kidney beans :-
Fresh and raw kidney beans contains a poisonous substance called phytohemagglutinin which is harmful for human and animal too. It can cause vomiting and diarrhea if taken raw. It’s better to deep this raw kidney beans in water for 5 hours then washing properly and boiling up to 100 degree centigrades at least for 10 minutes to take.
Moreover due to it’s high protein and fiber content it is better to eat kidney beans during break fast and launches not in the evening otherwise indigestion may occur in some individuals.